viernes, 25 de agosto de 2017

GWB03E

48. Chapter 3. The Strange Boy


Roy and Beruche walked the streets of the city with Ail and Ann. The future NBA player had volunteered as a guide to show the "Big Apple" to his friends. Ann was carrying her son in a stroller, with her human appearance she looked like a normal young mother. Next to Beruche she enjoyed looking at the windows of the most famous shops of the city. She wanted to go to some specialized in babies to get clothes and some other things to the child. Thus she used the increase of her stay on Earth. In between and somewhat more distanced the respective boyfriends of the girls walked by Fifth Avenue chatting.

-Tell me Roy, - Ail asked surreptitiously. - You and Bertie live as a couple? - His companion nodded barely perceptibly, as if fearing the girls might hear. - How are you? - The ally was interested.
- Well, we cannot complain. - His interlocutor said tilting his head slightly towards his girlfriend to return to address his fellow. - We've been living together for a couple of months. Now with the new house we are already thinking about getting married, at least I have meditated but I have not said anything to her yet ...
-But I think I understand that you've already proposed that to her, right?-  Ail commented to his friend diffusely.
- The thing is, I told her when we beat the demons, but maybe I was surpassed by the moment. We are still young and it may be wiser for us to give ourselves time and settle our lives, to know ourselves better and all that. However, it is true that at first I thought that with a stable house and work, it would be immediate, but now I am not so sure. - Roy confessed. -
-I understand you. Ail said understandably. - Although we do not have that problem, Annie and I have experience. We have known all of our lives. We grew up together and that ceremony of marriage it is not necessary for us.
-Man, it is not necessary, but here on Earth is a very common custom. - Roy explained to his companion, adding with a slight complicity. - Surely Annie would be very pretty dressed as a bride. And you would have to see the joy that produces that to almost all the women of this planet.
-Perhaps you are right, - his friend said, thinking of the reason for his desire to marry. - Who knows. - He added with a smile. - Maybe I'd ask her. Although we already have the most precious thing that can be achieved. We have discovered love and we have a precious child.
-It must be wonderful to be father. - Roy said looking from a distance to the two girls who made the baby cuddle. - Having a child, but it is also a big responsibility.
-Yes, - Ail corroborated. – You are devoting to someone who depends entirely on you. It is so special ... a very beautiful feeling. Having my child in my arms and realize how defenseless he is. So fragile and beautiful at the same time. You will see my friend - he wanted to explain trying to choose the words. - We were born from the tree and we were not familiar with these sensations. It has been a totally new and wonderful experience.
-Well, you're doing very well. - Affirmed his interlocutor wringing a grateful smile from his partner. -
-Believe me, I tell you, I never thought we were capable of understanding the love of humans for their children. And that we understand now. The truth is that sometimes we did terrible things that affected children. When we stole energy with our cards ...
- Bertie and her sisters had a similar feeling. Many times she has told me that being a teacher is partly a way of compensating the world for what they did. - His friend commented. -
-It's very important to feel good about yourself. Once you've managed to eliminate hate and bitterness towards something or someone you live much better. But then there is repentance for the things we did wrong. So mate, I am glad to have been able to compensate this planet ...


Roy nodded, listening to his friend's words with much interest. He felt the same way. It was one of the things the five had in common when they trained in the corner of the Soul and Of the Time, and that acted as if it were an indestructible mortar, it was almost from the beginning. A common goal, a similar reasons. Thinking about it all fit, it was very clear that they were not chosen by chance. He let it be and both continued to chat about other subjects. For their part, Beruche and Ann had gotten into a children's fashion shop attracted by some of the baby clothes displayed in the shop window. Bertie looked at one of the knit sweaters that hung on small hangers over a long steel bar and measured it by the shoulders. Smiling, she told her friend.

-This one is very nice. Blue and with a yellow baby chicken embroidered here. -She pointed to the center of the garment while she was saying that. -
-It's true, but I'm interested in a size somewhat larger than Giaal's, my son is growing up! - She laughed. -
-How old is your son?  - Beruche asked with interested expression. -
-We'll see. - Ann mused, rubbing her chin and looking up at the ceiling as if this helped her figure out. - According to Earth's calendar (she meditated for a few seconds and finally concluded). - He must be about fourteen months. - She took the sweater from her friend's hand and examined it overlapping the child, who was docilely still, in a curious way, while playing with the pacifier. - I think it will suit him. I'll keep it.


She walked over to the counter to call the clerk and pay. Luckily she had some human money from her previous stay on Earth. But Beruche stopped her as she took out her own wallet from her purse.

-No, you don´t have to paid, I'd like to do it for you. - She offered. -
-No way! - Ann resisted. - It's a very expensive sweater. I cannot accept it.
-Silly stuff! - Bertie said, remembering with that exclamation to her sister Petz, but immediately added with affection -It is the least I can do, you have delayed on your return home for us and also, you have to buy things for the child. Let me make him a present since I have not seen him being born and I will surely miss his next birthday.
- It's okay. Thanks. - Her friend smiled, accepting willingly and adding with dyes of solemn promise. - When you have a son, I will also give him a present. Ok?
-For now I do not know when that will be. - Beruche replied with the deflated enthusiasm. - Roy asked me to live together and we're doing it. He also proposed that we get married when we had work and stability, that was before we graduated. We postpone our wedding plans until the setbacks and threats are over and now when he should ask for it, he does not seem to be very willing to renew his offer. Sometimes I get the impression that he doubts, that he does not feel comfortable when we get to the point.
-He'll be scared. - Annie guessed looking at her friend sympathetically in order to soft the matter. - That sort of thing might scare everyone.
- He's a super warrior. - She objected with a rather subdued gesture to say something disenchanted. - He has fought demons and even lost his life in front of them. I do not think he's scared of something like that.
-Do not believe it, - her friend countered to declare. - From what the warriors taught me when I met them, sometimes men are terrified of that kind of commitment. Do not be surprised if he can fight the entire Averno and then feel insecure when it comes to asking you to marry. But calm down! - She added cheerfully. - There is only to see him to realize that he is stuck to you.


Beruche let herself be comforted and smiled, relieved by the words of her interlocutor. Deep down she knew Annie was right. So that more lively, she paid the pullover and after looking at something else and buying another two or three articles more, both returned to meet the boys. They concluded the walk returning to the villa of the couple in the outskirts of New York. All they could do was wait for the others. Roy had called them to give them the new address. The first to arrive were Diamond and Emerald. They were very elegant and after the usual kisses and hugs, they began to talk telling their respective vicissitudes.

-Guys, I'm so glad to see you again. - The model who approached Ail and Ann's child, taking him in his arms, said. - How nice! Cuchi, cuchi ... -She whispered in a sweet voice making him caresses. -


The boy laughed with his eyes wide open and intent on following the movements of her hand as the girl continued her praises.

-He's beautiful, what a cute little thing!
-You get on very well with the children, Emerald. - Ann smiled approvingly now with casualness. -I remember when I was still fighting the warriors. I helped Mamoru and Usagi to take care for a baby. I did not really care about anything, I just wanted to be nice to him. But the little boy noticed it, it's amazing the sixth sense that the kids have! Whenever I approached him, he cried or kicked and even once he peed on me.
-I should have seen you! - Beruche smiled amused at that. - Though it's hard to believe that seeing you now. You're a great mother, Ann.
-It is true. Children know when there is true love. - Emerald said placing Giaal gently in his crib sighing. - I like them although I cannot be a mother now. However, when Diamante and I strengthen our careers and have more time I would love it...
-Hey listen. And you do not count on me? - Intervened the alluded in a jovial way causing the laughter of all. -
-Did not you hear me?- His girlfriend, still smiling at the comment, retorted. - Of course.
-You have to try, that is the best part, for sure!.- Roy laughed heartily. -


The girls made an aside, shaking their heads in giggling and disbelieving. That boy always had to come with some of his caustic but funny comments.

-I saw you on TV the other day. - Beruche declared to continue the conversation, stating in admiration. - In a short time you have become a very popular model!
-Thank you, -Emerald replied. - Although it is very hard if you knew the vicissitudes we have had to overcome Diamond and me lately because of my work, well, and his too!


Everyone watched her, and Emerald tell them about her adventures, but the baby began to cry when her promising story began. They had to leave it for later, since little Giaal now demanded the attention of all. His mother took care of him and concluded that he needed an urgent change of diapers.

-I will do it, Annie. - Ail offered to take the child so he would not disturb the conversation with his cry. -

Everyone gave him a sympathetic glance at this self-sacrificing dad, and once he had gone to the bathroom with the child, Emerald went on.

-It turns out that some people tried to steal some designs I had in my office. I had to go out as a Justiciera to persecute the thief. That actually turned out to be a woman thief.
-How did you know? - Ann wanted to know with obvious interest. -
-Well, even if she was wearing a ski mask and a dark suit that covered her entire body, her features were very clear. - Her interlocutor answered. - I recovered my work but I could not catch her. Although I also intervened in the robbery to a bank and there I could stop the thieves.
- Our thing has been a lot less exciting. - Beruche said who nevertheless sighed to sentence. - And I prefer it that way. We have already had too many adventures. I think that enough for the rest of our lives.
- Never discard the adventure. - Emerald said, almost prophetically. - It is not known when it will be presented.
- Yes, but now ours do not pass the bedroom! – Roy laughed.-


Diamond laughed with him, and Bertie, reddened in the extreme, merely strove to shake him a good bump.

- Well, we're like to do that anywhere. Right, dear? - Emerald said, still trying to keep from laughing. -


Now it was her boyfriend who was cleared stiff. And the others who burst out laughing. Ail for his part Ail came back cradling the little Giaal. Although he began to cry  again with that scandalous hilarity and the Alien apologize, going away again with the baby to try to calm him. After the smiles of all to see the father in such a situation Roy, addressing the prince, asked.

-Come on, you'll be interested in taking a look at the cellar that we have in the villa, you who know about wines could advise me.
-That always interests me, yes. – The prince corroborated following his friend to that other room.-


The two momentarily said goodbye to the girls. Once alone, they began to wonder more intimately, and Emerald opened the fire.

-And what about you? - She looked at her interlocutors. - How are your relationships?
-Fine, - Ann replied. - Especially once we paid attention to the warriors and follow their advice. So we discovered the "human" love. Ha, ha,


For her part Beruche smiled affirming her own. Although in a more vague way.

-Roy and I are fine but ... - She became more serious eliminating the comedy in her tone of voice and both of her friends detected it at once. -
-Is anything wrong? - Emerald was interested, showing concern. - Do not you often do it?
-No, is not that. - Bertie said that she entrusted to her friend what she had already spoken with Ann.


The model encouraged her with carefree assertion.

-It's normal! You're still young and you have plenty of time. It is best that you do not pressure yourself with that idea of ​​marriage. Listen to me! I had a terrible time in Nemesis when I thought that Diamond was unreachable for me and you've seen the years and even the lives I needed to get us together. You already have Roy.
-But you and Diamond are not planning on getting married yet? - Bertie asked, feeling surprised. -
-Not at all! -Emerald replied jokingly that seeing the astonished faces of their interlocutors was hastening to qualify more seriously. - It has nothing to do with our love, it is the same as with  children. We just thought we'd give ourselves time. We have to caught up much things and to live before we take on other responsibilities. Trust what I say and do not fret yet, woman.
-It's a good advice. Ann agreed. - Do not suffer for it. He's crazy for you.


Beruche smiled feeling better. Perhaps she had been alarmed for no reason. Her friends were right. She was not in such a hurry, but it seemed to her an eternity (And that's how she really was if she took into account their previous lives). Since she was promised to Roy. But it was also true that both reincarnations were different in their circumstances and their outcome. The lives were totally different and she could say that they were not the same people they had been then. It was a brand new and unfinished future. In addition, now was a time of peace that they could enjoy together. Time to get married hey will surely have...

-You're absolutely right. Thank you very much girls.- Bertie replied visibly more lively.-


The boys were in the basement of the house, Roy was showing his friend the large wooden enclosure where he piled bottles of wine and other drinks. He did not overdo it, but there were any good wines for solemn occasions. Diamond looked at it with approval and said.

-In Nemesis I had a good wine cellar, it was one of the things I liked, savoring good wine and collecting it. Of the few distractions I had there.
-Tom warned me that these hobbies costed a lot.- Roy said. - And he was right! I wanted to buy a couple of good bottles to give it cache and do not see the price. The truth is that I will have to wait because, despite everything, our economy is not everything buoyant that it should.
-I'll give you some good brands. - Diamond smiled at him. -
-Thank you, but that's what least worries me. - Roy said now more seriously. -
-There's something bothering you, is not it? - His interlocutor sounded with insight. - You have a  pal here. Tell me what you're worried about. If I can do anything to help you ...


        So his friend nodded and after a few seconds of silence confessed bluntly.

-I do not know if I can give Bertie the life she deserves.
-It is plain to see that you can.- Diamond encouraged him. – You love her, don´t you?
-But that is not enough for a life in common. - His interlocutor denied trusting his friend. - You see, I'm now trying to make a dent in the league and it's not easy. It has always been my greatest hope, before all this happened. - His companion understood the allusion to the battles against the demons, and in the meantime Roy went on with a tone between thoughtful and concerned. - And the thing is, I'm in a mess right now. I do not know what the future holds. Whether I can succeed or not. Nor can I abuse my powers, I would not be honest with myself or with others. At least Emerald and you have professions in which you both have triumphed without the help of special abilities.
-Do not fool yourself. - His friend contradicted him in a gesture of modesty that honored him. - I have the knowledge of the thirtieth century. Today's programs are child's play for me. That is not fair either.
-But you help the world to progress.-  Roy argued. - You're still working on something. I am an athlete and thinking that I have abilities so superior to others seems to me almost illegal. As if I do not!
-Try not to deploy them too much. - Diamond advised him. -
-That's the hard part. Many times I ask myself. And above all from the commitment that we agreed with the government. You know what I mean, right?


The prince of Nemesis nodded slowly and replied reassuringly.

-Yes. There in France, the secret services summoned Emerald and me one day and explained to us the same as yourselves. Apparently they will only resort to us in case of a serious threat, you should not worry, otherwise, we will have a normal life.
-Yes, and with a lot of advantages, I recognize that this house has been a great help. A good reward for saving the world. But in spite of everything, I feel like I'm a mercenary. I would like to forget all that, that I was once a warrior and fought. My biggest hope is to have a normal home and family and be a good basketball player. Believe me, I do not want anything else. So until I clear my head of doubts and see the future, I dare not ask Bertie to marry me.
-Have you talked about this with her? - His friend asked him. -
-Yes, several times, but Bertie says she does not care. She always says we will be happy. I know she does not want to worry me. But she also has a bad time and must be thinking why the hell I do not decide now that peace has returned. And I do not want her to think I care less than before.
-Take it easy. Really! You are young! Wait to enter the team, Beruche will understand. And above all do not underestimate her. People of Nemesis know how to be patient, I can assure you.


The boy smiled gratefully at those words patting the back of his interlocutor and led him up, at that moment the phone rang and the boy picked it up in the kitchen. It was Usagi, after chatting with her and giving her some regards, (the conference was too expensive to pass the handset to the others), he  went with Diamante to the room where the girls were. Ail joined with them as they entered, and Roy made everyone aware of the call.

-Usagi has told me that Nephrite, Sapphire and Petz will arrive tomorrow with them. So we'll all get together, God willing.
-Good! - Emerald exclaimed. – It has been a while since we do not see them, we will have many things to talk about.
-We have not heard from them nearly since after the battle with the demons! - We've seen Nephrite once in Tokyo since we separated and my brother just a couple of times. They seem to have been very busy too. - Diamond added with the same enthusiasm that the others about the idea of ​​the reunion. -
-Well, - Roy sighed to remember – only Tommy and Connie left to come. I guess they'll be back soon.


The others welcomed this comment with the hope that it would be so, but little could they imagine that in those very moments his friend listened to that mysterious boy. Before he started to tell him anything else, Tom added suspiciously.

-This is not a joke, is it?
-I can assure you that no,  - the boy replied without losing his stern face. - I wish it were. I wish. And with resigned voice, he continued asking emphatically to his fellow-host. - Now listen to me with great attention and do not interrupt me! I will answer the questions you want to ask me even if I cannot tell you anything about myself. Just know that in a very short time, a terrible evil will befall the Earth. It is much worse than your battle with demons.


His interlocutor shook his head.

-But how do you know that we? - The boy raised a hand in a clear gesture to silence him.--"Please, I asked you not to interrupt me! - He reminded him raising the tone, but that with courtesy and continued .- It has to do with the fall of some meteorites.

Tom again violated the rule by stating without concern.

-That is not a problem. My friends can ... -He was silent so as not to betray the special gifts of his companions despite what that boy had given him to understand that he knew, but it could be a trick of some espionage agency so he rectified. - The government has the means to destroy them.
-If it were as simple as that, yes. - The boy rebuffed, unveiling him. - The bad thing is not these meteorites themselves, but what they carry.
-Do they bring any mortal disease? Any unknown bacteria that will cause a plague? - Tom conjectured now more concerned. -
-No, that's not it either. - He interjected again, resuming his explanation. - At first they will only seem like a harmless rain of stars, but they harbor extraterrestrial devices that carry infernal creatures. The elite offspring of a ruthless galactic conqueror who aspires to this planet. It's his assault troops! A kind of androids that will invade the world. - Described the boy to absolute perplexity of his listener. - All your companions and even you will face them but you will be defeated and most of you annihilated. - Sentenced to leave him completely astonished. -
-Just a moment. - Tom tried to intervene. - Are you telling me that we will be beaten? Are you talking about an event that has not happened as if you knew it beforehand? He asked incredulously, adding with increasing skepticism. - I thought the thing about those asteroids or whatever they were was something that had been seen through the telescopes.


To tell the truth, that boy had almost convinced him by the serious tone of his words, but now he was going down and down with this ...

-You must let me go on and do not assault myself with every sentence I say. - He reminded the boy hardening his eyes. -
-Okay, finish now and then I'll ask you some questions. - Tom conceded that he was beginning to think he was wasting time with a madman. -
-Those beings. The boy explained. - Analyze the force that is used against them. And the bad thing is that they are able to reproduce it. It took us years to discover that they sent her to their base and that from there they received a supplement of power to do so. We do not know how they emulate the force we have or where they draw the energy. But they do. The fact is that once you reach your limit they continue with the strength intact and to the greatest degree you could have reached, but you have weakened and they finish with you! They defeat their enemies simply by exhaustion.
-Destroy that base and that's it. - Tom replied quietly. -
-Its not that easy. - The boy seemed to lose his poise for a moment. - If it had been that easy, do not you think we would have done it long ago? We did not know where it was. We still ignore it. We think to the north, but it is not safe. In addition, they are all dead, only my cousin and I remain. But we are not able to cross its lines. Those bastards are too powerful! - He complained bitterly, clenching his fists. -
-Your cousin? - Tom was surprised. - Who is he?
-The son of Karaberasu, his name is Mazoui, he's half demon, but he's on our side. - The boy told him, astonished. - For me it is more a brother than a cousin, he sent me here when there were no more hopes.
-Karaberasu's son? What does she have to do with this? Do you know where she is? Send from where? I do not understand anything you're telling me, boy. - Tom replied very disoriented by the allusion to his girlfriend's sister and the nature of her pregnancy and what resulted from this, that far from convincing him, made him more suspicious. - What do you want?


His companion raised his face to the sky in frustration, tried to make himself understood, but it seemed as though they both spoke different languages. It would not be easy, I knew it beforehand. They warned him but he believed that after establishing contact everything would go well. He had been very naive, this Tom was not like the one he had known. Now he was a boy who was in the prime of his youth and knew nothing. He had no choice! He armed himself with patience and told him.

-We grew up on an island, along with our mothers and aunts. But in the end they found us, those assassins attacked us! And it was my fault, damn it! And the worst thing is that we could not do anything. That's why, and as a last resort came here, to try to change that hell. - The boy concluded with a tense gesture, making real efforts to master his agitation. -
-But which island? Where did you come from? - Tom wanted to know who worried more about the mental instability of that boy than that shattered history. - I do not understand anything.


The boy snorted, seemed to struggle with himself and finally gave way to unveil.

-I come from the future ...


Tom finished being perplexed, that boy was like a goat!, it would be better to call the psychiatrist. But he kept talking and Tom did not dare cut him off.

-If you had seen what they have done, or what they will do, I do not know how to say it. - The boy sighed about to sob of anguish. - Cities devastated, millions of dead everywhere! All civilization destroyed. The desperation of the few we survived and the horror. And we can only run away and hide from them. Damn! - He clenched his fists again with a fury of restrained anger. - That's why, please! You must help me! Tell Roy all this, and the others as well.- You must destroy them now that they are in space. Before they arrive or everything will be lost!


His listener sighed for a long time looking at the boy with a mixture of pity and weariness.

-Very well, I have listened to you as I had promised. You cannot say that I have not been patient. -He smiled now with slight sarcasm and added with disapproval. - As argument for a movie is very well thought. Now ,tell me who you are and what you really want. Maybe taking advantage of Roy! Or is this just a joke that he has projected?
-I had anticipated it, - the boy replied with resigned calm. - It was more than possible that you did not believe me, but I cannot blame you. - He put a hand between his clothes and Tom felt a defensive gesture, but the boy only took a handled photograph to indicate him more vehemently. - Look and convince yourself! Here I am with my mother, we took her a little before I left my time.


Tom looked at the photo, there that boy was, and the woman who sat with him looked quite like Connie's sister, but she was older, her face emaciated by suffering.

-I hope you do not show her to Bertie or she'll kill you. - Tom smiled with renewed sarcasm. - Come on, kid! - You're saying she's your mother? And who is your father, Roy? - He scoffed with complete disbelief. -
-Yes he is. - The boy confessed with a supreme effort to maintain the patience. - I'll tell you everything, I should not do it but it's the only solution. Roy is my father.
-Come now! , Is the worst joke that asshole ever tried to play on me – Tom laughed, nodding his head with a sardonic smile added. - Tell him that I have also seen Terminator.
-My name is Leval Malden. - The boy continued ignoring that comment. - I'm Roy and Beruche's son. I did not know my father, he died fighting the invaders before I was born. I grew up with Karaberasu's son and you, the only survivor of my father's group, were our teacher. You taught me to fight and my cousin everything you knew about esoteric spells. What else proof do you want to be sure that I'm not lying? - The boy asked in a tone of desperation. -
-And do you expect me to believe it? -His insidious interlocutor replied to those pleas to refute without question. - That photo can be faked anywhere. And the things you know, Roy could tell you. Tell him on my behalf that this time he has gone so far and that if it was not for ...
-Enough, shut up! - The boy thundered, visibly enraged. -


He breathed violently and agitatedly, and gazed at Tom with a look like a psychopath. This one was frightened, not for less, because now it began to think that his friend nothing had to do with that crazy one. But then where had he got the information? Would not he be one of those types of government?

-Look, calm down. - He asked in a more subdued tone, maybe he should not make fun of him, but thought he was responding to Roy's joke with another, so he added conciliatory. - I'll talk to my friend and see what we can do to stop these invaders. Hey?
-Do not try to lie to me!" - The boy snapped reproaching him hard. - I know you do not believe me, you're laughing at me, and thinking that I had placed all my hopes in you.


Those words paralyzed Tom with astonishment, or that boy was a very good actor or really believed what he said.

-I have no choice but to convince you in one way or another. - He said now in a menacing tone. - If I have not been able to do it in good way, it will be in a bad one.


He had not finished saying those words when Tom felt a surge of tremendous energy travel the place, immediately there was a strong wind that apparently came from the boy. The earth around him began to tremble.

-AAAAH!

He shouted, raising his arms to the sky and literally swelling to begin to glow a golden color moments later. His hair was now this tone and his blue eyes gleamed in his frightened interlocutor, while innumerable pieces of rock rose in the air around him.

-A super saiyajin! - Tom muttered, shifting his worried expression to another one truly astonished and terrified. - You're a saiyajin!
-How many more do you know apart from Roy who are capable of being one, eh? – The boy challenged.- Damn! Do you believe me now? Or do you want me to destroy half a city? Indeed, I swear I will kill everyone rather than allow them to fall under the yoke of Gralas androids. If I cannot stop that, at least I will avoid the suffering of the innocent.


Tom was completely paralyzed with terror, what was in front of him was undeniable, that boy was a super warrior, as powerful as his friend or perhaps more! he did not think there could be any way to fake that. And now with that  boy with that look full of despair looked determined to fulfill his threat. But far from it, he now cried disconsolately as he remitted his power to become a normal person again. He even fell on his knees to the ground, retracted on himself, and could only sob painfully.

-I cannot do it! But if I do not do it, they will. So many deaths, so much pain and for what? Lord help me! What if I fail? At least I'll die here, fighting those damn monsters at your side.


His companion could not reply, only looked at him silently with his eyes wide open.

-OMG! He acknowledged in horror. - It cannot be a trick. Please tell me! What will become of me and Connie in your future?


Leval could hardly answer, he cried, this time excited that, at last, he had managed to convince who he was. Or rather, the one who would be destined to be his uncle. He could make up enough to get up and respond.

-You will live and you will have two children. I cannot tell you any more, I am sorry. But that does not matter now. Our only hope for the future is to destroy them before they settle. Your son Alan calculated that from this moment until the invasion, it should take three months. The sooner they know, the better.


His interlocutor was at a loss to hear this. That was the name he always wanted for when he had a child, if he was a boy. It was his own middle name. The one which he never used, but liked. He did not remember or even comment on Connie or Roy ... and talking about his friend ...

-Your father, - Tom corrected softly. - Will debut tomorrow in the NBA. We were going to see him play. You can come with us ...

Leval shook his head, wiping away his tears to plead almost pleadingly.

-For the moment do not tell him anything. That was his dream! My mother always told me. My father always wanted to play professionally.
-God, this is insane! - Tom panted, putting his hands to his head. Not again! We've had enough ... damn it!


The situation was beyond him. He did not know where to look or what to say. Why did this have to happen to him? Did he have the fate of the whole world in his hands?

-In two days I'll go to my parents' house. - Leval revealed in his most serene voice. - I have the address, it's on the outskirts.
-You're wrong about that. - His interlocutor dared to refute now, although this time with the intention of informing him. - They live in an apartment, in the center of the city.
-No, they moved. - The boy denied. - My mother told me. It was a few days before my father made his debut in the professional league. She remembered it well.


Tom did not know what to reply, at that moment the voice of Cooan came from a distance. Leval looked in that direction and concluded in a more relaxed and grateful tone of voice.

-Aunt Connie's calling you. I must go, it is not convenient for me to see more people of this time. At least not yet. Remember, within two days. Now it's all in your hands, uncle Tom.


He did not take off his lips. The boy had risen in the air and moved away from there at breakneck speed. When he wanted to realize it, he could not see him. At that moment Cooan approached, loaded with various garments that she held in her hands.

-Tom, I was calling you! There was a tremendous gale and the clothes flew away. Besides I had to go to the other end of the campsite to get them. - She complained in annoyed tone as she sentenced. - We should have thought about camping. -


But he was still looking at the sky without answering.

-What are you looking at, is something wrong? - His girlfriend wanted to know, watching him with an inquisitive gesture. -
-No, nothing, - he said softly, turning his gaze to the girl and adding more distantly. - Excuse me, I was absorbed in it and I was saying goodbye to the landscape.
-Well, just say goodbye, we'll be late. - She asked him with a smile. -


He hugged her tightly and that surprised Cooan, but she interpreted it as one more gesture to be forgiven for leaving her to her fate with the clothes. Although it was more than enough, but if Tom wanted to be affectionate, she would not be the one to restrain him. So, when they separated after a few kisses, he smiled in comfort and said.

-I'm going to load everything in the car.


And he went away to organize the material, loaded it and they both left for the city. Tom counted the moments so he could talk to his friend. He wanted to tell him everything the boy had explained to him, but he could not reveal his secret. Now he clutched the paper with those signs of the new house that Leval had given him and squeezed them impatiently. That would be another test and if the boy was right. How should he act? He'd better wait for the boy to come. Two days, forty-eight hours that were going to be eternal! But he could not let his countenance or his actions convey concern anybody and he laughed and even joked with Cooan during the trip, talking about his friends.


The others, oblivious to all that future drama, had fun at their hosts' home. Although in the midst of a relaxed conversation, Ail, Diamond, and Roy himself looked at each other in surprise.

-Did you feel that? - Asked the prince of Nemesis to his friends, to the surprised looks of the girls. - That power…
-Feel what? What power do you mean? - Emerald wanted to know watching her boyfriend with strangeness. -
-Yes. A huge force. - Ail said in reply. - I have perceived it.
-It's true, it's only been for a moment. Roy agreed. - But a great power has been displayed.-
-What is this, any of your jokes? - Bertie smiled, already shaking her head. -
-It is not. - Her boyfriend said thoughtfully, asserting then. - I do not know. Now I do not notice anything abnormal ...
-The fact is that that force reminded me a lot of ... I'm not sure, but it was familiar. - Diamond  said  with his hand to his chin. -
-It could be some kind of government test. - Roy added, adding. - I don’t know. Maybe we should investigate.
-Come on Roy! - his girlfriend intervened with disapproval. - Stop conspiracy theories. Now that we are all together and that the others will come. Do not annoy us the encounter with those things.
-Yes, - Annie said, now cradling the baby. - I think it will not be serious. And Bertie's right.
-Come on, sweetie. I did not say anything. - He sighed, shrugging his shoulders as he looked at his companions. – Let it be.
-Yes. After all that has happened we deserve some peace. - Diamond could add with the smiling nod of her own mate. -
-And if no one from the government has called you, that is sure nothing will happen. - Emerald could say. -



The truth is that neither she nor the rest of the women wanted at all that their boyfriends were going to inquire about only God knows what. The boys gave in that and as they did not feel anything strange they ended up leaving that issue aside. Ail wished to be with his wife and son in that pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. Diamond was not much for the task of going to chase ghosts or false alarms and Roy for his part just wanted to focus his thoughts on two things, to become a good professional player and make Bertie happy.



                         previous                                              next

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Por favor, si sois tan amables y no os es molestia, comentar vuestras impresiones sobre lo que habéis leído. Me vendría muy bien para mejorar y conocer vuestras opiniones sobre mis historias. Muchas gracias. ;)